As per directions of Higher Education Commission, the GC Women University Sialkot established Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) on 19-12-2014. Permanent office of QEC is situated on first floor of Administration Block of the University.
Functions of Quality Enhancement Cell
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality & standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear standards as reference that the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employers to know that what they want to expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a degree i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with honors, Master’s, M.Phil, Doctoral degree etc.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These standards are set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have to develop through a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation that quality of provision and standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed for maintaining and improving the quality of higher education.