Event Title: “Synopsis Defense of M.S students”
Date & Time: 16-05-2017, 11.30 am—02.00pm
Total Duration: 2.5 Hours
Venue: Room # 98, University Block GCWUS
Organized by: Department of Chemistry
Participants: Students of M.S Program 2016-2018
Target Audience/Participants: Faculty members from department of Chemistry, Students of MS (Session 2016-18, 2017-19)
• After the arrival of respected faculty members of Chemistry department, event was inaugurated at 11.30 am at Room 98, University Block.
• Dr. Amina started event by welcoming the faculty members and students of M.S.
• First of all research students of Dr Tayyab and Dr. Maria (Irfa Muzammal and Saba shehzadi) presented their research work individually. Their work resides on synthesis of magnetic nano-particles and their use for water treatment.
• After that Aimon afroz and Amna Jamil presented their synopsis. Both are working under the supervision of Dr. Ayesha siddiqa. Their research work is about synthesizing coumarins and isocoumarins.
• Then research students of Dr. Amina and Dr. Ehsan (namely Rabia Mehmood and Rubina Bibi) elaborated their synopsis details. It was about synthesizing and evaluating the properties of 4-thioflavonols.
• Then the turn came for Misbah Ishaq who is working under Dr. Touheeda’s supervision. She described the synthetic pathways and biological applications of Schiff bases in a comprehensive way.
• At the end, Ruqaya kazmi explained the production and usage of nanowires. She is the research student of Dr. Touheeda and Dr. Adnan.
• A session of inquisitive questioning took place after each presentation from faculty and students. Every presenter responded to these questions in a confident and comprehensive way to satisfy the audience.
• As the session ended, audience and participants were served with refreshment. And program ended at 2 o clock.